1. The HYSA Executive Director shall conduct background checks of employees, coaches, and other volunteers who have regular unsupervised contact with players. The HYSA Executive Director shall also be subject to a background check.
2. HYSA employees, coaches, and volunteers who have regular unsupervised contact with children must participate in an orientation program which includes a discussion of HYSA’s Risk Management Policy. At the orientation meeting, they must acknowledge having received and read this policy.
3. HYSA employees, coaches, and volunteers may not be alone with a single player, unless that player is the child of such employee, coach, or volunteer. “Alone” means there is no second person present where the HYSA-related activity is occurring. If an employee, coach, or volunteer finds himself in a situation where he is alone with a single player, the adult must take immediate steps to find another person and resolve the circumstances as quickly as possible to bring it back into compliance with this policy.
4. HYSA employees, coaches, and volunteers will not, under any circumstances, discipline children by use of physical punishment or by failing to provide the necessities of care such as food or shelter.
5. Parents may visit the HYSA fields at any time that their child is on the field.
ADOPTED BY THE HYSA BOARD OF DIRECTORS: Date: July 18, 2016