If you or someone you know would like to become a referee...
Any questions ? Please Contact Us
Benefits to being a referee :
- Earn money !
- Understand the Laws of the game better!
- Teach and role model for better and more positive behavior from players, coaches, parents and fans.
- Have fun - and did we mention earning extra $$$$$$$'s !
Assignments are available for Tournaments, Club matches, Recreational games and Adult league.
Annual certification training sessions are held locally in the spring in conjunction with web based testing.
Licensing is through the United States Soccer Federation.
Laws of the Game
U.S. Soccer Learning Center
Here is a check list to guide you through the process
- Complete a background check if 18 or older
- Take and pass the on-line course.
- Attend and complete the classroom and or filed training session(s).
- You will be issued a USSF ID#
- Create a referee account in GotSoccer with your ID#
- Complete the Referee Information in your GotSoccer account
- Choose the Helena Assignor as Primary
- Choose Events and Tournaments you would like to work
For Entry Level / New Referees .... Here is an overview of the process and how to get assignments
There are two referee accounts required: US Soccer and Got Soccer.
US Soccer is for course work/training and GotSoccer is for assignments.
At the US Soccer Learning Center
- create an account
- pay for and complete the background check if 18 or older
- pay the fee and take the on-line test for the appropraite courses
- the background check must be completed before testing can be done. The are also SafeSport Modules to complete which can be done before the background check clears.
After succesfully completion of the on-line test, attend the classroom/field training sessions.
After successful completion of the on-line and classroom/field training, a grade 8 referee certification is issued.
You will then need to create a GotSoccer referee account with your USSF ID# issued after completion of the training.
Sign up for an account in GotSoccer . A referee will need to active the ASSIGNOR they choose for competitive club matches, such as Helena Assignor. Referees also need to pick EVENTS to be assigned to such as Montana State Spring League. Most Tournaments also use GotSoccer so sign up for TOURNAMENTS as they become available.
The HYSA Recreational league is a great place to pick up assignments and experience. The Recreational League does assigning off-line, so contact the Rec League if looking for work on Sunday afternoons. The email is: email@example.com
On-line training & Field Work Sessiions
On-line course work for referees opens in early January...
Register to take the certification course as a new referee or sign in to renew at US Soccer
Choose the appropriate course with background check, SafeSport Modules and testing.
For referees with 3 years or less experience, the classroom and field training session dates will be announced.
The fee is paid on-line at registration.
Depending on their experience level, participants may need to:
- complete the on-line course the Thursday before they come to the classroom session
- attend the entire classroom session
- attend the field session when the weather allows use of a dry flat space outside, probably in late March.
Classroom / Fieldwork participants should bring a lunch, snack, drinks.
Location of classes to be determined and will be announced.
Enroll now and get to work on the latest on-line modules !
Boasting some of the best referees in the State!
We are proud to announce the accomplishments of our locally trained soccer referees Cannon Colegrove Grade 8 and Gezer Garcia da Silva Grade 7 being named Officials of the Year for the State of Montana.
Scott Lockwood reports, " Not only do we have the best players and complex but some of the best referees in the state! "
Mark Beckman, the Executive Director of the Montana High School Association, recently announced the 2017 National Federation of State High School Association (NFHS) Officials of the Year for the State of Montana.
Nominees for this award must exemplify the highest standards of ethical conduct, moral character and carry the endorsement of their respective state high school association.