Here is a check list to guide you through the process
- Complete a background check if 18 or older
- Take and pass the on-line course.
- Attend and complete the classroom and or filed training session(s).
- You will be issued a USSF ID#
- Create a referee account in GotSoccer with your ID#
- Complete the Referee Information in your GotSoccer account
- Choose the Helena Assignor as Primary
- Choose Events and Tournaments you would like to work
For Entry Level / New Referees .... Here is an overview of the process and how to get assignments
There are two referee accounts required: US Soccer and Got Soccer.
US Soccer is for course work/training and GotSoccer is for assignments.
At the US Soccer Learning Center
- create an account
- pay for and complete the background check if 18 or older
- pay the fee and take the on-line test for the appropraite courses
- the background check must be completed before testing can be done. The are also SafeSport Modules to complete which can be done before the background check clears.
After succesfully completion of the on-line test, attend the classroom/field training sessions.
After successful completion of the on-line and classroom/field training, a grade 8 referee certification is issued.
You will then need to create a GotSoccer referee account with your USSF ID# issued after completion of the training.
Sign up for an account in GotSoccer . A referee will need to active the ASSIGNOR they choose for competitive club matches, such as Helena Assignor. Referees also need to pick EVENTS to be assigned to such as Montana State Spring League. Most Tournaments also use GotSoccer so sign up for TOURNAMENTS as they become available.
The HYSA Recreational league is a great place to pick up assignments and experience. The Recreational League does assigning off-line, so contact the Rec League if looking for work on Sunday afternoons. The email is: email@example.com