Recreational soccer is intended to introduce young players to the basic principles of soccer while providing a fun environment to learn and an avenue for older players to continue playing without having to fully commit to competitive travel soccer with the Arsenal program.
The Helena Youth Soccer Association is proud to continue a 30+ year tradition of providing a fun, safe environment for children from Helena and the surrounding communities to gather and play soccer as a form of physical and mental exercise!
HYSA Recreational soccer practices and plays at the Siebel Soccer Complex, the best soccer facility in Helena and one of the top facilities in the state of Montana!
While parent-volunteers coach all recreational teams, HYSA provides consistent coaching instruction throughout the season, so coaches will never be without aid and players will participate in activities that are sure to challenge them physically and mentally while developing their soccer skills!
Teams are divided by age and gender (grades 5+ are co-ed) and we make every attempt to place players according to their wishes. Teams practice once per week and play games on Sunday afternoons.
The entire experience is a fun way to meet new friends and get some physical exercise while enjoying the beautiful spring and fall Montana weather!
Players wear Major League Soccer uniforms (Jerseys and socks included), which are ordered at Play on Soccer, black shorts can be purchased there as well.
Ages: Kindergarten - 8th grade (U5 - U14)
- Recommended Volunteer time for HYSA hosted tournaments
- Recommended Participation in HYSA fundraisers
- 6-7 weeks
- Games on Sundays and 1 Friday evening
- Practices are encouraged one per week
- Spring 2018: April 8 to May 13, 6 Sundays + 1 Friday
- Registration Fee $90.00
- Late Registration Fee $120.00 ($30.00)
- Pay for dual season $160.00 (Fall & Spring) with Fall Registration sign-up and get a discount of $20.00
What is covered by the Registration Fee? :
- Major League Soccer Jersey and Socks, black shorts not provided
- Player secondary medical insurance
- Coaching assistance
- Coaching education expenses
- Equipment (pinnies, cones, soccer balls, goals, nets, etc.)
- Referee fees
- Field maintenance expenses (mowing, fertilization, aeration, irrigation, line painting, weeding, etc.)
- Administrative expenses
For more information on our other programs, please CLICK HERE
Please contact us with any questions or comments :