Executive Director: Phil McGovern email@example.com 406 431 3064
Coaching Resources please see this HYSA page Pay particular attention to SoccerXpert link and age appropriate links at bottom of page from USYSA/US Soccer.
Building your Resources so you may build a foundation of soccer skills for your players.
Thank you for all you do!
HYSA Executive Director
HYSA is proud to have over 800 Recreational soccer players on an annual basis! These players account for between 80-100 teams, all of whom are coached by volunteer, parent coaches. While HYSA is unable to provide financial compensation for your time, there are several great benefits and compensatory aspects to coaching an HYSA Rec team! Here is some useful information that might ease your mind about coaching a Rec. team! We also have a Micro Program for pre schoolers that requires no practice time just your enthusiasm on Sunday afternoons.
Why coach for HYSA Rec?
- Spend more time with your child
- Similar to how many of our best competitive players begin in Rec, so do many of our best coaches
- Between 50-100% reimbursement for your child's registration fee
- Practice when it is convenient for YOU
What does HYSA offer to our Rec. coaches?
- Automatic 50% reimbursement for one child's registration
- An additional 50% for a 100% reimbursement for one child's registration with attendence at our Rec Coaches Clinic.
- Gear bag for the season with cones and pinnies
- Coaching resources with HYSA Staff Coaches and Executive Director, and web links!
- Reimbursement for passing US Soccer F, E & D licenses.
What if I don't have a child playing?
That's okay! Volunteer coaching for high school or college students is a great resume builder. HYSA provides all of the same great benefits for volunteer coaches without a child in the program for instructional goals.
What do I have to do as an HYSA Rec. coach?
As an HYSA Rec coach, you're responsible for the following:
- Passing a Background check and taking an awareness test with CDC inre: to concussions. Completing your F license with US Soccer
- Organizing a weekly practice at HYSA's Siebel Soccer Complex
- Making sure players are properly prepared for their Sunday games and that all players are being treated equal with respect to playing time and treatment by all coaches, parents, and players.
- Organizing an end-of-the-season party if your team is interested!
If you decide that you'd like to help out and coach a Recreational or Micro soccer team or if you have any questions, please contact: