This is the 5th year of the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic, which will conclude Montana's fall season of competitive soccer. The tournament encourages friendly competition and sportsmanship amongst the region’s birth year 2008-2003 (U10-U14/15) boys and girls competitive and recreational teams. The tournament’s name comes from the Sleeping Giant Wilderness Study Area, located about 30 miles north of Helena and visible from many parts of town, including the Siebel Soccer Complex.
- Dates: October 14th - 15th 2017 with check in Oct. 13th
- Location: Siebel Soccer Complex - Helena, MT
- Hosted by: Helena Youth Soccer Association
- Ages: 2008-2003 (U10-U14/15) Boys & Girls
- Deadline to register: Sept. 25, 2017
- U10: (2008) $450
- U11-U12: (2007-2006) $475
- U13 (2005) $550
- U14: (2004) $550
- U 15 (2003) $550
- MYSA Approval to Host
- 2017 Official Rules
- Click HERE for contact numbers to local hotels.
Mandatory Team check-in
- Who: A coach or team manager from each team participating in the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic
- When: Friday, October 13, from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
- Where: Comfort Suites 3180 N Washington Street Helena, MT.
- All teams are required to check-in between these times.
- What: Teams will pick up their tournament packets and confirm all information on their roster is accurate. Teams who have not turned in all information (including a signed rules agreement) will need to do so at this time. Player cards will be required and checked against an official tournament roster.
- There are over 85 teams attending the Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic! With so many teams attending we are in need of referees from all teams. Please have your team referees contact the tournament director Phil McGovern firstname.lastname@example.org
- HYSA will be collecting a parking access fee of $10 for the weekend pass Funds collected benefit the HYSA Arsenal Scholarship program; Assisting all kids in our community who wish to play soccer.
- Parking pass fees will be collected at gates of entrance
RV Parking/Camping Fees: $25 for the weekend. Send contact information ahead to email@example.com or be prepared to give information when fee collected the following; Contact name, Contact phone number, and License Plate number of towing vehicle or RV vehicle. You can check in at the Dome and pay fee, or pay in person at vehicle
- 3 games guaranteed
- U10: 25 minute halves
- U11-14/15: 30 minute halves
- U10: 7v7
- U11-U12: 9v9
- U13-U14/15: 11v11
- Tournament pins awarded to all tournament participants.
- Medals will be awarded to all players and coaches of the Champions and Runner-up teams in their age/gender group.
- Trophies will be awarded to the Champions and Runner-up for their age/gender group.
- HYSA will be have its concession stand open with food and beverage selections available including:
- Hot beverages: Coffee, hot chocolate
- Cold beverages: Water, Gatorade, and soda
- Food: Pastries, granola bars, candy etc.
- Food Vendors Announced: Pop's kettle corn, Adventure Dog
- Play On Soccer will also be selling merchandise as well including jerseys, shorts, pants, bags and backpacks, balls, accessories, etc.
- Don’t wait until the end of the tournament to buy apparel as supplies and sizes are limited!
If you have any questions, please contact our Tournament Director:
HYSA Executive Director
Sleeping Giant Soccer Classic Tournament Director